I’m going to start a series of discussion posts. They will be collected under The discussion posts page. I thought I’d lay out my reasoning, and put down some ground rules.
There are some things I want to get opinions on, and I want people with lived experiences to talk about. I lack a lot of knowledge in certain areas due to my upbringing. References are great, but they won’t give you feedback like real live people do. And there are other things that are considered taboo by cultural standards, that I wish to discuss. Remember there is a difference between harm and offense. I have other thoughts and reasons, but this is all that I’m able to articulate at this point.
Ok, Let’s lay down some:
- No matter how old a discussion is, feel free to join in. I’m always listening.
- I want your feedback.
- Be respectful, this isn’t the place for mocking people.
- Ignorance and questions are OK. Harm is not.
- No Slurs.
- If you are going to talk about how your belief system affects a certain issue for yourself, be descriptive, not prescriptive.
- Example: “My belief structure enforces monogamy, so even though I lean towards polyamory, I’m monogamous.” is OK. “People in open relationships are going to hell.” is not.
- Stay on topic as much as possible. derailments will be moved to another post. Intentional derailments will be met with extreme prejudice. Yes I am the final arbiter there. This is MY space.
- These rules might be adapted with time and needs of the blog, and apply strictly to discussion posts only. Otherwise my normal comment policy applies.
- monogamy & non-monogamy
- kink & fetishes
That’s all for now, See y’all in the comments.